EF 135mm/f2L: lens p0rn - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old October 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: EF 135mm/f2L: lens p0rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
But you have to be careful too, if you have a subject that likes to lean back and forth while they talk, focus is going to be all over the place. When I have to deal with that, my SmallHD monitor with the awesome focus-assist is solid gold. Some subtle camera movement with my hand on the focus barrel and I can follow them all day. Can't recommend it enough! If shallow DOF is your thing, get one of these monitors and your life will be complete!
:)
Amen, there. I just bought the DP6 and it's totally amazing at keeping my shots in focus. The extra rez over lesser monitors makes the difference, and the focus assist and false color make it worth the $. I put mine on an articulating arm and can now jam my camera right up against a wall in those tiny offices where I'm often asked to film interviews and can work beside the cam instead of behind it.
Brian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #17
Major Player

There is no doubt that it is one of the best of its kind, and I love mine, but the funny thing is, it rarely seems to come out of the bag. When I work events, I carry a 1Ds3 with 24-70mm f2.8L, and a 1D4 with 70-200mm f2.8L IS, (on a Black Rapid dual harness which is one of my best ever purchases). When I shoot product I use a 100mm f2.8 macro.

I guess I would use the 135 f2 for protrait shots when I have the room, but it often tends to be just a tads too long. I will never sell it though.

I'm looking for a shot with it wide open. This was at f5.6:

Ruth | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ahhh found one. This lady is 90 years old and still volunteers in a local Op Shop

90 Years Old | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

BTW The top shot used one of those mini-pop-out-soft-boxes and Radio Poppers. Dead on exposure from the very first shot just about every time. It's a real time saver when you have to be in and out.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Trevor thanks for the lead on the Radio Popper, nice unit.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD