Screen icons at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old October 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #1
Major Player

Screen icons

Wouldn't it be great if Canon were a little more considerate with their on screen icons?

When you have all on view when recording the arrangement is so haphazard and I'm sure they could be arranged well into the black bars top and bottom in the same way as the shutter and Fstop ones are.

And while we're at it, maybe a much simpler, smaller M for manual instal of the icon?

Jus' sayin'
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Screen icons

Given that I use reading glasses these days, I mostly wish that the sun and lightbulb icons didn't look so similar. I can get away without the glasses for a lot of adjustments, but not that one.
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Screen icons

I'm the same Jon. The ol' glasses don't half get in the way. Especially shooting out doors on a sunny day when it's off with the sunspecs, on with the reading specs, and then back…

I only usually use the Kelvin settings though so the sun and bulbs aren't an issue. but I think it could have been arranged more neatly.

Sometimes it would help if manufacturers just stopped for a second and thought. "Now what would Apple do in this situation…" HA!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD