Take a standard photo while in LiveView mode? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Take a standard photo while in LiveView mode?

Howdy....

Just upgraded from a MkII to MkIII, and I have 1 nagging issue that I can't find the answer for.

With the Mark II, I would take a lot of photos in bracketing mode, 3 at a time. When I need to take a high or low shot, I could use live view to frame the image away from my face, and then squeeze the shutter. 3 photos would snap off just like when using the VF.

With the Mk III, however, it appears that when I am in Live View mode, even if I have bracketing set to on, the camera just takes regular photos, and doesn't stop at 3...just keeps going. Also, the photos are cropped to 16x9, as if they were video-captures...

Anyone know if there's a setting to get back my regular photo taking with bracketing while in Live View mode?

Thanks! Greatly appreciated!

Best,

Ben
Ben Freedman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD