What microphone for 5dIII? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old April 13th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1
New Boot

What microphone for 5dIII?

Just curious what you guys are using. I'm a "one man band" and would like to be able to use my external monitor and a microphone simultaneously - having trouble short of getting a single to dual shoe adapter. Any other ideas?
Shawn Clary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: What microphone for 5dIII?

Buy one of these:

Hot-Bloc Camera Hot-Shoe Adaptors HB-A1/HB-B1/HB-C1

I have bought the HB-C1 and I am now using the batteries of my Sony Ex1 / 3 with this item. I am able to attach and power a Zylight 90 led light. I can also, at the same time, attach to it a Sony cordless receiver and a Sony shotgun mic. I am also able to power the camera as well!!! And I can go on filming for a very long time. I am as well a one man band, event shooter where compactness is my outmost priority.

In your case you can attach and power the external monitor as well at the mic. It doesn't protrude much and is solidly built.

I highly recommend it.
Brian Cassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: What microphone for 5dIII?

Might try mke600 from Sennheiser. it's a "shorty" shotgun. i'm not wild about the videmic pro from rode, though their customer service is superb. I would't buy one again. Quality of recording is so so.
Al Bergstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD