6D, MarkII or MarkIII with beachtek and Dr-e6? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 4th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Trustee

6D, MarkII or MarkIII with beachtek and Dr-e6?

Hi,

I just bought a Beachtek DXA-SLR PRO to use with some Canons (6D, MarkII or MarkIII). I have yet to receive it but I was looking at the pictures and wondering if the battery compartment is accessible as the camera is place on the Beachtek. It´s not very practical to take the camera out of the beachtek whenever you want to replace a battery. Plus I was thikning about getting a DR-E6 DC and but I´m not sure it will fit with the Canon mounted on the Beachtek
Old June 5th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: 6D, MarkII or MarkIII with beachtek and Dr-e6?

If you mount a dSLR camera directly on the BeachTek in the "correct" position, then no you can't change the camera battery without separating the two devices. However, since the BeachTek has a very large wheel to tighten and loosen the connection (which is accessible from both the front and back of the device so you can use two fingers or even two hands to start the loosening process if the setup is mounted on a tripod), it's easy to do this separation.
If you're in a very stable fixed position with a tripod, you can mount the camera at right angles on the BeachTek (the BeachTek is aligned with the lens). This allows someone from the side to adjust the BeachTek controls and you can change the camera battery without separating the two devices. I wouldn't recommend mounting it this way for active shooting situations though, there is much less physical support when mounted at right angles.

Last edited by Jay Massengill; June 5th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

A battery grip is the best way to deal with this... Double the battery life, and the battery tray slides out through the side so you'll never have to take it apart.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
A battery grip is the best way to deal with this... Double the battery life, and the battery tray slides out through the side so you'll never have to take it apart.
That is an excelent and very simple idea :)
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Here's the one I use, it's a little cheaper than the Canon version and it works perfectly.
Mine stays attached to the camera at all times...

Vello BG-C9 Battery Grip for Canon 5D Mark III BG-C9 B&H Photo

:)
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #6
Trustee

Mine would be for the 6D, so I guess this one would do the trick: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/909558-REG/XIT_xtcg6d_Battery_Grip_For_Canon.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD