Clean HDMI 1DX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 13th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #1
Tourist

Clean HDMI 1DX

Does anybody knows if weŽll ever get clean HDMI on the 1DX ?
Bjarne Hillestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Clean HDMI 1DX

As far as I know, they are not going to do this. I recall hearing that their reasoning was because if you want HDMI out, you must go for the 1DC.
Omar Nabulsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #3
Tourist

Is this something you know for shure (information from Canon)? This is going to be an very expensive upgrade. The 1DX is a superb camera, but itŽs a difficult task to make correct focus adjustments without connecting a good EVF to the HDMI. I think the 1DX must be the only camera out there at the moment, without this option.
IŽll guess I have to wait for the Magic Lantern crack.....?
Bjarne Hillestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I do not know for sure as I have never spoken to canon directly, but someone from the thread below has, and it seems that they told him they are not supporting it. I really hope they do though because I would really love to have it on my 1dx. Paying another 6 grand for that option is no where near worth it for me.

1D X - Clean HDMI out
Omar Nabulsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Inner Circle

While it's a nice to have you don't actually require a clean HDMI for connecting to an external monitor for focus assist.

If you want to record then of course you want a clean HDMI which Canon announced (to much hullabaloo) for the 5D3 six months before they shipped it at which time nobody really gave a damn.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #6
Tourist

IŽve tried an Alphatron EVF on the camera, but this one was too "troublesome" to work with for me. The main reason for wanting the clean HDMI output, is to record to my Ninja1. It seems like every HDSLR out there now has this option, so WHY not 1DX ?? Nobody can tell me the real reason for this.......
Bjarne Hillestad is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD