Stable version of Magic Lantern for 5Dmk3? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old April 29th, 2014, 04:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Stable version of Magic Lantern for 5Dmk3?

Is there a stable version of Magic Lantern for the 5Dmk3 (running the latest firmware)?

I have tried to wade through the various boards but just can seem to make head nor tail of it.

I actually don't need the RAW hack; I only need it for the Timelapse feature.

I don't have an Intervelometer and have promised to stop buying accessories. I wonder why Canon won't implement a simple onboard Timelapse feature like Nikon have. Guess they like selling the accessories, like that external Flash trigger (again something Nikon have built into the camera!).
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Stable version of Magic Lantern for 5Dmk3?

I'm not a mk3 user just a mk2 and 7D but sometimes I can glance over the mk3 thread to see major changes.

I recommend getting the latest nightly for mk3 using firmware 123 here which is dated apr 24: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Then keep watch for major bug reports on this thread.

Magic Lantern for 5D Mark III 1.2.3

stable release takes a while, the nightlies are safe to use , as in it won't break your camera, but it might have bugs that might affect your shots.

But yeah, its safe to load and since you only need still features like the intervalometer, it should be ok.
Old April 29th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Simon, I've been waiting as well for a stable build as well. I would have to downgrade my firmware to use the version they posted when I last looked. I finally gave up and ordered a Ninja. I bought a cheap intervelometer for the Mkiii and it seems to work well. I can't remember the brand at present.
Old May 4th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks guys. Think I'll wait for a stable build I that case.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD