5d mark 3, video to SD card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old May 29th, 2014, 06:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

5d mark 3, video to SD card

Question.

Both, CF and SD are 32GB. When you turn 5dm3 on, PLAYBACK is always on CF card, so it will record video to CF card when you turn camera on.

Than if you change PLAYBACK to SD card, video will be recorded to SD card. But than, if you trun off and turn on camera again, automaticly 5dm3 - PLAYBACK and VIDEO REC ll go to CF CARD.

How can you set, everytime you turn on CAMERA, Playback and video should go to SD card at first?

Best regards, Primoz
Primoz Lazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2014, 06:28 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: 5d mark 3, video to SD card

if you don't want to use the CF card, don't put it in...32GG card hold a lot of video. If it is getting full, change the SD card.

if you press the "Q" you can change what card you want the camera to record to. If I'm not wrong, set the camera to SD and it will continue on that slot, as long as you don't turn the camera on without the SD card in.
but still, if you don't want the camera to record to the CF card, don't but one in... exchange the SD when it's getting full...
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 02:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: 5d mark 3, video to SD card

Thanks, that is good idea. But when I am recordin I do pictures too, I have set on multiple records, so pictures go on both cards.
Primoz Lazar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD