Buying 6d at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old September 19th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Major Player

Buying 6d

Hello, I would like to save some money and buy a used 6d. Have anyone of you had good/bad experience with used cameras bought from B and H? Thanks.
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:31 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Buying 6d

I've not had any issues with B&H with anything I've purchased from them new or used.

When I did have a problem with a Phantom UAV they sent me out a new one no questions asked.
Old September 19th, 2014, 10:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Never purchased used but my experience with B&H has always been good. I wish I socould say the same about my experience with the 6d. Seems like evertytime I edit footage from this camera, it contains lots of moire and aliasing. It seems to be much more so then with some of the other dslr's that I either shot or edited footage from.
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #4
Major Player

@ Kevin
Even more ailiasing than the 60d? This is where I am now and want a full frame for low light wedding videography. I heard the 6d is great for low light but does have some issues with ailiasing...but is it more so than the 60d?
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #5
Trustee

No,just get one i now do not need to change to a 1.4 lens i just keep the 2.8 on all the time it is that good in low light...
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Unless you plan on shooting electrical wires out on the street, and brick houses, you know, the sort of things that really show up on aliasing tests... relax! Just get the 6D and enjoy the beautiful picture, low light capabilities, and all the goodies this Canon can offer.
Old March 27th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #7
Regular Crew

My only experience (so far) with aliasing of the 6D was when shooting air-conditioner grilles while panning inside a high-tech building.
And this happened because the camera had focused at the distance of the grilles (out-of-focus does not lead to aliasing artifacts).

Aliasing happens with 'high frequency' straight line details, like radiator grilles etc. - sharp, repeating and close details which may straddle pixel boundaries (at least, that is how I understand the situation). If you are shooting landscape scenes or nature, there is no worry.

N.F.
Nick Fotis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD