XM1 (GL1) glitches?? (See images) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old January 14th, 2008, 11:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

XM1 (GL1) glitches?? (See images)

Any one any idea whats causing this the light condition were pretty poor and camera was set to auto, see attached stills.
Did not know until I got to the edit :-( As the camea was left runnin gon it's own while I manned another.

Next tape out was fine? It also effected the audio?
Attached Thumbnails
XM1 (GL1) glitches?? (See images)-g1.jpg   XM1 (GL1) glitches?? (See images)-g2.jpg  

XM1 (GL1) glitches?? (See images)-g3.jpg  
Andy Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

There are a couple of possible problems.

1. There could be a chip connection problem. I have experienced similar "bits" before and service verfied that the ribbon connection was faulty. The missing image sections were not consistent in space as your are not as well.

2. It is possible that the chip is not reading and failing on the power side. Maybe someone else will know more about this as a search in this forum showed nothing. I have heard that this happens but have not seen screen shots of what it looks like.

Hope this helps.
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Cheers for the info I'll have to run some test then decide to get it serviced funny how the next two tapes out of it were fine??
Andy Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That is signifigant information. If the next two tapes came out with no problems and the cameras use was similar then it could have been a tape quality issue! There is a chance that the tape was old or had been improperly manufactured!

My approach would be to test on a new tape in all sorts of conditions, excess movment, poor light, etc and see what happens.

Good Luck!
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Once again thanksfor the info :)
Andy Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders