GL1 Shotti Mic: SGM-1X or SGM-2X? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old July 10th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I ended up with the AT-835B. I got the shock mount from zotz. Maybe acc. shoe items all have a little play in them (this is the first time i am using the acc. shoe) Like I said the cords i am using are all short (1.5 feet, 3 feet, 10 feet) I didn't try the mic on a boom but I am told that using a boom is the best way to use a shotgun mic.
Brian Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Ok, glad to hear that the AT-835B delivers quality audio! So I guess my last and final question is: is the sound as clear and loud using the 10' XLR to 1/4" mini cord as it is with the 1' cable? Thanks for putting up with my pestering Brian!
Old July 10th, 2003, 08:11 PM   #18
Regular Crew

In error I put up that I have a 10 ft cord. If I ever have the mic away from the camera I have a 15 ft normal xlr cable that I put into a mixer. Then I have a 10 ft quarter inch to mini for the run from the mixer to the camera. Sorry for the confusion. I would have to think that you wont have problems until you get to the 25 and 50 feet lengths, but thats just a guess

Brian
Brian Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #19
Regular Crew

OK, thanks for the speedy response Brian. I sure appreciate your feedback! Hope other people on the forums can use some of this information.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders