Dubbing tape GL-2 to Sony DCR TRV-10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old May 19th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Dubbing tape GL-2 to Sony DCR TRV-10

Trying to make some copies of some master tapes I have shot with the GL-2. Trying to dub them to my only other cam a Sony DCR TRV-10.

I get audio recorded to the Sony with DV IN/OUT cable. I see video on GL-2 viewfinder but not on Sony viewfinder. I don't see the "DV IN" indicator icon on either screen. Sony set to VTR mode. GL-2 in "Play" mode. Sony has blank tape and is set to record.

I know the DV IN/OUT cable should be good cuz I tried 2 different ones.

Scoured both manuals and they say about the same. Plug in DV IN/OUT cable between camcorders and record away.

Thanks
Jesse James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:36 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Finally figured the obvious out. Imported the video I wanted to dub on to my laptop hard drive with Adobe Premier. Then exported the video to a new tape on the GL-2. So far it looks like it's going to work.
Jesse James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:59 PM   #3
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
Finally figured the obvious out. Imported the video I wanted to dub on to my laptop hard drive with Adobe Premier. Then exported the video to a new tape on the GL-2. So far it looks like it's going to work.
That would have been my suggestion. Cheers!
Daniel Boynton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders