Filters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:07 PM   #1
Tourist

Filters

Does anybody know what filters you would be able to use to create the sort of glowing effect on the grass and trees like in CKY3?
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:28 PM   #2
New Boot

Don't know if alot of people on this site are gonna know what cky is but I do know that alot of cKy3 was done on film.
Fred Gullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2003, 05:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

http://www.google.com/search?q=diffusion+filters
Old September 24th, 2003, 06:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I've gotten the same effect by doing it all in post with after effects. What i did was first duplicate the layer then apply a gaussian blur to it and set the blur amount to 30. Then i set the transfer mode of that layer to "overlay". Next adjust the opacity of that layer to taste. This should look pretty close by now. Then i would apply a saturation or color balance pluggin and adjust the individual color/saturation parameters.
This is just a guideline, it totally depends on the individual clip. If that doesn't work for you try different transfer modes to see what happens, like i said it all depends on the particular clip your working with. Another cool trick is to make a solid color layer above your video tracks and set the transfer mode to "overlay" and play with the opacity. You can get some really cool looks this way. I personally like using a gray/blueish solid or a mustard color. This technique can be done in most NLE as well. Hope that helps!
Corey MacGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2003, 09:37 PM   #5
Tourist

cool thanks
Old August 12th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #6
Regular Crew

i dont think it was all done on film. if it was it was 16mm
Nate Fields is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders