Canon Rebate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 25th, 2003, 05:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon Rebate

I am just wondering how long (months?) did it took Canon to send you their rebate check? Is there a way to check if the rebate has been issued?

I did received an email confirmation from Canon stating that my rebate request is valid and that I should be receiving my check. It's been since 10/6/03 and I have not received the check. Kinda getting curious and need the money to buy more video stuff.

Thanks.
Danny Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 05:50 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I don't know. But I do know that virtually all rebate programs are outsourced to 3rd party companies. I would expect the typical turn-around time to be in the neighborhood of 8-12 weeks.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

The Rebate form said 6-8 weeks. I have been waiting since 9/15/03 and no check yet. I'll let you know when it comes in.
Kelvin Kelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2003, 05:46 AM   #4
Wrangler

Some rebate programs give a website you can use to track your rebate. Did Canon provide thator similar information?
Old November 26th, 2003, 06:00 AM   #5
Wrangler

The majority of rebates I apply for, I never receive. As a result I never let a promise of a post-purchase rebate influence my buying.

I'm sure Canon is better about this than most companies; still, I wouldn't be surprised if it took a phone call or two to get your rebate mailed.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2003, 06:01 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Call 1-800-OK-Canon and cycle through the menus until you get a live human being on the line.

For what it's worth, manufacturers never handle rebate programs internally. Rebate programs are always outsourced to some other company that "specializes" in rebate programs. If enough people complain, the manufacturer will most likely apply pressure on the rebate company to follow through. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2003, 06:33 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Canon did provide a site to track my rebate. I went to this site and it did indicate that my rebate request is valid and will be receiving a check.

Has anyone received their rebate checks yet? So far the response(s) to this thread appears that everyone is still waiting.

Maybe a phone call to Canon is justifiable?
Danny Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2003, 06:44 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Danny,

If you've gotten a message saying that they are processing your check, it shouldn't be too much longer. As I recall it took a while to get my rebate check from a Canon lens I purchased. As long as you have gotten confirmation that they received your rebate request, don't worry it will come. All you can do at this point is wait.
Old December 1st, 2003, 04:03 PM   #9
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Owens : Danny,

If you've gotten a message saying that they are processing your check, it shouldn't be too much longer. As I recall it took a while to get my rebate check from a Canon lens I purchased. As long as you have gotten confirmation that they received your rebate request, don't worry it will come. All you can do at this point is wait. -->>>

I received my confirmation email on 9/15, but haven't received the rebate yet. They are way beyond their 6-8 weeks.
Kelvin Kelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:59 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Its been 2 months so far and waiting...

http://www.rebateshq.com/weblogic/rebateshq/parago/trackRebate
Joe Cirino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 06:33 AM   #11
Regular Crew

I sent the rebate form on 9/16/03 and received the e-mail
with tracking info on 10/09/03. I received a rebate check
on 12/09/03. Apparently they are running behind schedule
with the rebate promotion.

Joseph
Joseph Lawrence is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders