gl2 paint jobs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 31st, 2003, 08:27 AM   #1

gl2 paint jobs

i came across this company from an iPod forum. im going to send my iPod off to them to have it painted (probably a jet black) and i saw that they painted "accesories" which included a gl2....
anywyas, i thought some people might be interested, they appear to do good work and ive heard nothing but good things about their company.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/
Old December 31st, 2003, 10:29 AM   #2
Major Player

I've just gotten some camo tape for this purpose. It is a special tape that is not supposed to leave a residue when it is removed (as long as you don't leave it on for years).
Jeff Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:35 PM   #3

no kidding. where did you pick that up? that could be perfect for me... i would like to cover some things up on my cam so that salt air and light mists cant do any damage
Old December 31st, 2003, 09:34 PM   #4
Major Player

This is where I get my camo tape. I've used it for several projects and it comes off easily if needed. One word of caution, if it ever gets wet, take it off. Water seems to turm it into some sort of cement!

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet...=SearchResults
Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:31 PM   #5
Major Player

I picked up mine at Cabela's (www.cabelas.com). Mostly I use it to break up the pattern of the camera. For water protection (especially salt) I use a cam-kote (also camouflage).
Jeff Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:37 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I just bought a camo fitted cover for my GL2 or I should say having it made. Bought it from a person off ebay $26.00 w/ shipment and insurance. I can tell more about It after it comes in. If anyones wants to know. Steve
Steve Olds is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders