auto-shut off fix at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old February 25th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #1
New Boot

auto-shut off fix

Has anyone found a way around the automatic GL1 shutoff in camera mode? I would like to record with a different deck (VIA S-video or firewire) that would be able to capture a lot more than one hour of quality footage.

The best work around I can come up for this is to record with a tape in the camera. When the tape runs out then just rewind it. Hit record and record over what was just shot.

I would like to find a better way as to not put extra wear on my heads. Plus the rewinding and hitting record will take away from what is being recorded.
Jeremy Stadnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I had the same problem and since I just wanted the video out via firewire and not capture to tape I found that when the tape is fast forward to the end and left that way the camera would not turn off. Strange I know but it works.
Hart Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2004, 01:01 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

See the article Standby Mode Explained. It was written for the XL1 but equally applies to the GL1. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2004, 05:17 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks a lot guys.
Jeremy Stadnika is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders