Most Versatile Shooting Options - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old March 17th, 2004, 04:02 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Rusty, Premiere does have a deinterlacer but I think there are other programs that will do a better job.

Magic Bullet is mentioned a fair bit as in Vegas Video I believe. I'm no expert on it though, give the forums a search or someone may chime in here with thoughts on de-interlacing.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 05:03 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Good to know, Brian. - Thanks.

I didn't realize there could be a real difference, and I want to get the best quality possible, so I will definitely research!
Rusty Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 06:25 PM   #18
Regular Crew

As a result of all the great advice, and the resulting research, I'm going to shoot in 4:3, but frame everything 16:9. If I decide to deinterlace myself, I'm going to buy DV Filmmaker. (I just downloaded the demo and experimented with a clip. - I really liked it!)

This should leave all options open to me. Of course, as Ken pointed out earlier in this thread, if I can produce something that will interest someone, they'll take over the process.

Now, though, I feel completely confident that I'm going to be shooting in a manner that will offer the most options to prospective buyers.

I believe I would never have gotten to these conclusions and felt as confident in them if I hadn't found this site and all this great advice!

We start shooting in a couple of months. Between now and then, I'm sure I'll be bugging all of you for more tips and advice. I'll also make clips available as the shooting goes along for anyone interested. I'd love feedback from you folks!
Rusty Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2004, 12:50 AM   #19
New Boot

Hi my first post.
If money is not a major issue,you called try looking at http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/magbulsuit.html,
it'll do a far better job of de-interlacing than Premiere(if you have Premiere Pro you can get a couple of film look plugins) will plus it does a whole lot more,i've not used it myself but have only heard good things about it).
If you have access to After Effects you could try using this tutorial http://www.geocities.com/pixelmagic2002/CineAltaMotion.html
Hope that helped.
Andy
Andrew Gardener is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders