Question about the Azden CAM-3 Mixer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Question about the Azden CAM-3 Mixer

Greetings everyone! This is my first post, but I have been visiting for quite a while!

A few pages down in this forum, there was discussion of the Azden CAM-3 audio mixer as a very lightweight, non-powered, clip-on approach to using multiple microphones. I have been trying to learn more about the device, and have been unable to get any information, including from Azden's own website.

What inputs and outputs are there on the device? In the photos, it almost looks like there are only 1/4" phono plugs on it. How could such a device not have XLR jacks? Do those of you who use this thing carry an entire trunk of adapters with you?

I don't have the funds at the moment to just go ahead and get Canon's own hot shoe/XLR converter, and was hoping that anyone who actually has one of either of them would respond.
Brian Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:46 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

XLR jacks and phantom power cost more. The cam 3 is a cheap alternative, nothing more.
Old May 17th, 2004, 01:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

i think that was me asking about it a couple months back...
very cheap.... like 30 bucks, right? the one with 3 sliders?
bet you the price of it that it wont stand up to very much
abuse < synonymus to "use" for some of us >. it could work for say mixing two wireless lavs and a boom. wireless because you dont want to run unbalanced that far, but if you can aford wireless, get something better. in my search for cheap-@$$ audio equipment, i found a Rolls for around $100. still not great, but its has xlr jacks. the down sides of this one are probably covered in that old thread as well. most important is the rolls can pan so you can completely separate tracks and adjust levels independantly in post.
good luck

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders