Front thread size for Century Lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 5th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Front thread size for Century Lenses

Can someone please confirm for me the FRONT filter thread sizes on the following Century Optics lenses for the GL2:

0.55x Wide Angle Adapter - Stock Code: DS-55WA-GL

0.65x Wide Angle Convertor - Stock Code: DS-65CV-GL

2x Tele-Convertor - Stock Code: DS-20TC-GL

The Century Optics site doesnt have this information in their specs for these lenses for some reason.

My assumption is that the .55x is 72mm since they list the outer diameter as 75mm, and the .65x and 2x Tele are 77mm since the outer diameter is 80mm

Am I correct?
Todd Siechen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Also wondering the diameter

Well I too am puzzled. I actually tried to fit a 77mm filter on the 2x teleconverter and it seemed to small, so my guess is the actual thread size is 80mm. However I have searched extensively for filters that are 80mm in diameter, and found nothing. Anybody have any advice.

For added information in my case I'm trying to add a polarizer on the front of the 2x teleconverter.
Tague Hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 12:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Try Try again

I just thought id ask again in case it slipped by somebody who has the answer. Id really like to put a Polarizer on my doubler, but i cant figure out if anybody has threaded a filter onto the doubler before. Im pretty sure it is 80, but cant find any 80mm filters.

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders