Does the GL/XM2 produce more grain than the VX2000, or is it just sharper? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 13th, 2002, 06:07 AM   #16
Warden

I've been to that page and unfortunately I don't read that language. I question some of their methods because I can see differences in the shots (framing, shadows, color temp?) Not being able to read the captions really limits me in evaulating the validity of their tests. I don't see it running out of light far earlier. I see maybe 1/2 stop difference. But what settings are they using (gain, AE, manual, WB?).

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2002, 04:41 PM   #17
Regular Crew

to psurfer1

psurfer1

when I look at the still images on the side you refer to I can see that the sharpness and especially the DOF of the Canon is much beter than the VX2000. The low light ability is only a little bit better in the top image but not 2 stops!!!!!!!
Hans Kuipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2002, 04:43 PM   #18
Regular Crew

to psurfer1

Look in de garden with flowers, in the case of the Canon the picture is also in focus on the background!!!!
Hans Kuipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2002, 01:02 AM   #19
Outer Circle

Alex, I too am wondering about the GL2's resolution. It should be near the VX2000/PD150's horizontal line playback of 500 lines. I asked this question on another forum, and basically got dumped on by the moderator who wrote a GL2 review. Next week I'm going to try and track down a resolution test, or arrange a test for myself. Personally, I don't care whether it's 485 lines, 500 lines, or 510 lines. But I would like to know, nevertheless.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders