GL2 professional sound at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old October 12th, 2002, 12:48 PM   #1

GL2 professional sound

I just bought a Canon XM2 thinking of shooting a shortfilm. Then I discover the MA-300 XLR adapter is not designed to support professional type of XLR microphones using 48volts sources.

My questions:
1) What kind of XLR microphones are supported then ?
2) Can I relate on these for professional sound (dialogues) or do I need a separate solution like a DAT machine ?

Thanks in advance,

Alain
Old October 13th, 2002, 02:49 AM   #2
Trustee

Alain, I'm new to all the DV stuff, but from what a rep told me the other day, if you get a mic like the ME66 w/K6 combo, you can run the thing from batteries and so you don't need to supply phantom power.
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2002, 01:38 AM   #3
ThreeSixtyProductions

Oh the the MA-300 XLR adaptor does not supply phantom power?

Seems that a beachtek / studio one would be a better investment the plastic and week attachment of the MA-300 looks weak.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders