Anyone with a me66 please advise... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 18th, 2002, 03:00 PM   #1
Elephant

Anyone with a me66 please advise...

For those who have helped me through my choosing I thank you.

I am going to get a XM2 (GL2)

I am also interested if anyone who uses a senheiser me66 and who found the price of the mz66 or mz66 pro foam wind stoppers (not the furry ones - y'know the normal ones like on the XL1...) to be really CRAZILY expensive.

My question is -- is there any choice?

Do any of you guys use an alternative as it is about $65 for one of those here in England!
Old November 18th, 2002, 03:21 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hmm... B&H Photo sells one for $37 in addition to a "pro" model. I think it'll do the job you're looking to fill.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh4.sph/...ID=F1D224F75D0

Honestly, since these foam windscreens are relatively useless in all but the most sedate atmospheric conditions I wouldn't pay more than I absolutely had to for such a windscreen. The "pro" version is guaranteed to be marketing horse-hockey. If you eventually want true "pro" wind protection look at a Rycote Softie for your ME-66.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2002, 04:27 PM   #3
Elephant

Let me rephrase that...

Thanks Ken -- but i just checked shipping costs to UK and that Senheiser original seems the smae price all things considered!

Anyone in Europe know of anything I could use?
Old November 18th, 2002, 04:48 PM   #4
Trustee

Hi Elephant, yeah those things are ridiculously expensive and I didn't find an alternative. I just paid NZ$140 for a sennheiser one (About US$70) as I wanted something to at least protect the mic. It seems it's more than just currency conversion with all these accessories. It's almost like you're charged for shipping the single item from the factory to your country as that's what the price here works out to be. I might try and make my own windjammer to go over it because buying the small windjammer is another $140. I could have ordered from the US but unless I was buying a whole lot of other gear the postage isn't really worth it.

You might just be stuck with forking out the $$ for one.
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders