GL2 LOST at Canon Service Center - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 8th, 2005, 02:18 PM   #46
Trustee

Be diligent and file the reports I listed, when the BBB or state Attorney General is contacted those claims MUST be answered. The camera they gave you does not work, return it and ask instead for a cash settlement of the current value of YOUR GL2 that they lost OR a NEW camera and your $120 back...

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #47
Tourist

Keep us posted. btw. i am local in San Diego and have a GL2.. lemme know if you need anything.
Corey Bringas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Damn this is crazy! I need to send mine in for head cleaning. I worked for a lawn and garden dist. for almost 18 years and I know if I had a problem and did not abuse it, that mfgs. will bend over backwards to make it right! Too bad this is not a Husquvarna or a Briggs & Stratton unit/equipmet or another mfg. because it would be a done DEAL! These Cos. have too much money and times must not too hard or they would be scratching to keep you as a customer. Some sales rep. is at home at dinner tonight saying "boys sales are rough" Wonder why? Good Luck Steve
Steve Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 02:55 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Tague, I'm in Santa Monica and you're welcome to borrow my ZR85 with two batteries if this can help you out. Just pop me an email.

May I suggest one "pro-active" thing you can do right away: notify your credit card company and dispute Canon's so-called "repair charges".

Losing your camera makes Canon liable for replacing it with another GL2. Canon cannot charge you for a repair without returning your original, repaired camera to you.

Doug at Canon Irvine: you're an embarrassment as a Canon manager and you are engaging in patently unethical and possible illegal consumer practices.

Ash: As a "fawma New Yawker", I dig your style!

Dorothy
Dorothy Engleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 04:46 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Wow that's unreal

I can't believe they just didn't AT LEAST give you a GL2 as a loaner until your situation was resolved. To at least make some kind of attempt at trying to keep you happy. At this point a lawsuit is in order to wake them up and get the ball rolling. I can't believe any major company like Canon would allow such practices to continue.

I sincerely hope they get you a new camera at this point and try to compensate you somehow for this loss of time and money. It's peanuts for them, something they should have done after a week of not finding your camera.

Good luck to you from all the way up here in Montreal.

Sean Hansen
Sean Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Back to square one

SOOO as far as I can tell my "horror story" has come to an end. I apologize for not responding earlier, Ive been catching up on all the work that piled up while I was sans camera.

I finally got a technician to look at my camera and he quickly found the problem with the focus ring. Somehow during assembly they forgot to plug something into a certain circuit board, whoops! but he popped that puppy right back in and VOILA a "brand new" working GL2. I got to take her home the next day. Shot a little video and was happy. If I forget about all the hassle and headaches, and look at my camera and my one year warranty Im pretty content. Its over and Im definately going to stop whining...until something else goes wrong *knock on wood*.

THANK YOU to everybody who responded and voiced concern and advice. An extra thanx to anybody who offered their equipment. Hopefully the service center has learned their lesson and makes every effort to resolve future problems in a more rapid and professional manner.

Peace.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 05:48 AM   #52
Regular Crew

Glad to hear you finally got that camera back, and working to boot! I couldn't imagine having a whole summer pass by and not being able to work. At least the camera is back where it should be. In your hands and functioning.

Happy filming!
http://pages.infinit.net/cybrmonk/
Montreal, Quebec
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sean Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 09:28 AM   #53
Machinist Mate

Holy lenscap, Batman! Man, what an ordeal! I happen to be a multiple Canon owner (XL1, GL1, Elura, EOS 10D, Rebel 2000, PowerShot S400, PowerShot SD100, miscellaneous lenses and accessories) and am appalled at their treatment of you. I would say that I would have exercised far less patience than you. I guess I have been fortunate, my experiences with them have been much better. I sent my gear to their NJ location, got it back when they said I would, with the work done as promised and the fees charged as agreed. Any different, and I would have squawked all the way to the top. I wonder if your experience would have been different if you had sent your cam to the same place I did.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders