Inconsistant Color Between GL2s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old August 30th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Inconsistant Color Between GL2s

Hi,

I've done a couple two-camera projects in the past, using a pair of Canon GL2s. Even though I set them up with the same configurations and white balance them on the same card, when editing the clips down in my NLE, I notice a definite shift towards green from one camera, and towards red on the other. Is this normal to have a variation between two identicle models? It makes color correction a bit more of a challenge.

Thanks!

Tim
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

No, mostly people have no problem matching 2 same models, or not that many.
People even haven't got a problem, many times, matching an XL1s with an GL2, so maybe there was a slight different setup?
Best regards,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 02:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I don't think the setups were different. I was careful to make sure the custom presets were the same. I went through every menu.
Old August 30th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yes, I believe you, it's indeed a bit strange. Now, I can imagine them being a very slight bit off, but they should be relative the same, I think. Maybe somebody else will be able to help you more than me.
Best regards,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders