Should I order a GL2 from ebay? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 19th, 2002, 01:55 PM   #16
Major Player

I sent you an email regarding your GL2.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 06:09 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Where to buy?

I've done quite a bit of looking around on the net for a good priced GL2 by a well reviewed company. I've read many good reviews for www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com. They offer the GL2 right now for $2169. They guarantee that it is factory fresh, etc. and I've read posts on this very site that testify that they are a quality outfit, and have treated their customers well. For anyone looking for extended warranties, they offer 3 and 5 year extentions to the factory warranty.

If anyone has any experience with bestpriceaudiovideo.com that I should know about before purchasing, please pipe up. But all signs so far seem to indicate that they are a good resource.

~N Aldoroty
Noka Aldoroty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2003, 10:13 PM   #18
New Boot

bought mine on ebay

Got my GL-2 new in the box from a private seller on ebay for $1,895.00 Before I made the bid I checked out his record as a seller then I e-mailed another person who had purchased the same model (he sells Canon's and Sony's) from him and got a good response regarding the condition of the camera, the smoothness of the transaction and the quickness in shipping. I was leary because he requested payment in money order or cashiers check only. I asked if he would accept PayPal and he agreed as long as I paid the 2.9% fee. I agreed but PayPal jerked me around verifying my status so I ended up sending him a USPS Money Order overnight express. I paid an extra $25 to have him send it back to me next day mail. I was a bit queezy for a couple of days wondering if I had done the right thing but my GL-2 arrived on time, in perfect condition and now that I've had it a week and tested it, I couldn't be happier. Maybe I should have bought a lotto ticket too?
Ed Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2003, 08:59 AM   #19
Wrangler

Man you took every risk in the book. If I were you I would certainly buy a lotto ticket....

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders