Xm2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 27th, 2002, 08:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Xm2?

I have seen posts regarding the XM2. What exactly is that? Is it the European version of the GL2?
Old December 27th, 2002, 09:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

exactly. it's the pal-version of the gl2.
Old December 27th, 2002, 02:13 PM   #3
Old Boot

Yup -Got one love it Love It Love IT , , , , , ;)

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2002, 05:52 PM   #4
Trustee

Not just European, but PAL version of the GL2. :) I'm in New Zealand, about 1/2 the world away from Europe and XM2's are our resident babies.
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 12:51 AM   #5
Old Boot

Aaron - Haven't spoken with you for sometime - Hiyah!

It's 6:41 am and have been listening to our Boys in Oz. Seema like we are at LEAST going to the last day of this Test - ugh!

Anyways, I'm truly enjoying this Euro "baby". I'm "bowled" over by its clarity, in both video and audio departments. Have you got the MA300 adaptor - can't remember . . . The Senni on this MA300 is brilliant. I've just done some shoots of parents moving into their "retirement" bungalow. The sharpness, in what I would call "one-bulb" lighting is remarkable. The exterior shots of the house and the garden at sunset are terriffic. The sharpness of the close-ups showing the skin and hair detail is superb.

I've got to get my filming act together as I've been commissioned as a "third" camera on a pro wedding shoot in 2003. So what I'm saying is that the pro I'm going to be working with truly rates the XM2 enough to consider it being of more than sufficient quality to included in this job - yes?

Good to hear from you,

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 01:00 AM   #6
Trustee

Hey Grazie. Yeah I've been a bit quiet for a while. Been plodding away and haven't needed to bother everyone here at the moment :)

Yeah the Xm2 is a nice camera, I've been really impressed with it. I need to get off my arse and do more with it though. Got things in the works, just need to finish them and start shooting!

No I don't have the MA300, I have a Sign Video XLR adapter which is a pretty good adapter for the price. The ME66 is a wicked mic, especially for someone like me who's not an audio expert. When I first plugged it into my cam and did some tests compared to the built in mic I was blown away.

Good to hear you're doing some event stuff next year! I'd love to try and do something like that. Should really help hone some skills I imagine.

Well keep cool.
Aaron
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders