Vcr To Xm2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 29th, 2005, 06:47 AM   #16
Old Boot

"I have just checked my scart by using tha av lead from cam into my scart adapter and putting it through my tv scart." So, that would be the LINE out from the Camera to the TV." Yes?

"I can play my cam tape and it plays ok through the tv so I suppose the scart adapter must be ok" Only the LINE out from the Camera checks. What you are trying to do to do is "LINE IN" into the Camera. In terms of SCART that is an altogether bucket o' fish! Oh yes!

I look over the tech details of the SCART you have, and if I aint wrong, it appears it is for LINE into a device NOT for LINE OUT from a device. This in turn would imply you are NOT getting LINE OUT from your VCR to your Camera BUT would work for LINE IN to your VCR and TV - which is exactly what you are getting.

These SCARTS are very clever. What I will say, is the picture you've got of the the SCART you possess, has fewer PINS to the one I use. Is there a clue here?

I think you've got a LINE-IN only SCART. I think you need either a switching LINE-IN/-OUT SCART or a LINE-OUT SCART. By having success with your last experiment you've kinda proved it!

Sorry about the delay in responding, but I needed to lie down! LOL . .. .

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 06:51 AM   #17
New Boot

Thank you graham yep I think weve solved it my scart must be one way Boooooo!!

Many thanks again
Paul Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 06:56 AM   #18
New Boot

Just to let you know the scart has only 5 pins
Paul Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:26 AM   #19
Old Boot

Yeah. Mine has 7. My switching SCART is FULL of pins!

If you read closely the details of the SCART adaptor you have it would appear it is for purely LINE-IN. This is proven by the the success you've had.

SCART is a clever and needed protocol

http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/epreb...ing/SCART.html

. . and this is a very SEXY SCART site . . . ooohhh yesss..

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tv...cartleads.html

Enjoy!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #20
New Boot

Thanks Graham I know now weve solved it reading those links many thanks again, new scart adapter on the cards then !!
Paul Higgins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders