cleaning the viewfinder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old February 6th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

cleaning the viewfinder

Hi can someone help me quickly. i to clean the veiwfinder. i put some tissue paper there think it will make it better but then when i took it out it make the problem worse because of the fibers coming off the paper. can anyone suggest any way of cleaning it? would compresed air work. at the moment i have been putting a damp cotton bud in it and the suck out all the dirt with a hover.
Nathaniel McInnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Let it dry, then use compressed air to get it out. Safest way not to scratch or mark your viewfinder.
http://pages.infinit.net/cybrmonk/
Montreal, Quebec
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sean Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I have a hair INSIDE my viewfinder. Any idea how to get that out? It's right in the middle (of course) and it's really annoying.
Old February 14th, 2006, 05:59 PM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel
I have a hair INSIDE my viewfinder. Any idea how to get that out? It's right in the middle (of course) and it's really annoying.
Rock up the v/f and underneath you will see a wee trap door - it's where the Hairy Pixies get into play about! - and a tiny "snap" latch. Gentky snap forward the latch towards the eye piece lens and the whole door will pop out! Do this procedure/manoeuvre over a table with a large sheet of WHITE paper. This is so you get to find the door when it pops out - oh yes! Be very VERY careful.

I then blow in carefully. Haven't tried canned air yet.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Ahh, I figured it was a lost cause. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders