Smaller 3 Chip? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old March 30th, 2006, 08:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Smaller 3 Chip?

Hello, I have a GL-2 and love the quality, but would like to get a camcorder that is much smaller. Is there any three chip camcorders that have a powerful zoom like the GL-2 that are smaller? If not, do the one chips today produce a picture that is just as clear and sharp as the GL-2?

Thanks,
Tony
Tony Marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2006, 01:23 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Take a look at Panasonic 3 chippers GS 150, 400, and 500. One of them may fit your needs
Old March 31st, 2006, 01:46 AM   #3
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Take a look at Panasonic 3 chippers GS 150, 400, and 500. One of them may fit your needs
Oh yes, Chris! Thought of this as an additional handy-palmie lil brother to my XM2s . . . and being that "other" holiday cammie . . . still might do it. But my head IS being turned by the CMOS HD Sony option .. .

C'mon Mr Canon!!! Sort this mess out!!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2006, 06:47 AM   #4
Major Player

I've just bought a Canon MVX350i as a lightweight to use when I do not want to lug the XM2. It has the advantage for my aging brain of being very similar in menu, etc to the XM2. It is also not too small - I found that I simply could not handle the newer MVX450i, plus the 450 has a smaller chip and very different menu, etc.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2006, 10:42 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard
Oh yes, Chris! Thought of this as an additional handy-palmie lil brother to my XM2s . . . and being that "other" holiday cammie . . . still might do it. But my head IS being turned by the CMOS HD Sony option .. .

C'mon Mr Canon!!! Sort this mess out!!

Grazie

Well of course, there are the Sony A1 and the HC.... but I was thinking your were talking 3 chips and weren't talking HDV.
Old March 31st, 2006, 11:18 AM   #6
Old Boot

Yes, Chris, I was also seeing and responding to this comment. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marino
If not, do the one chips today produce a picture that is just as clear and sharp as the GL-2?
.. meaning, the single chip of a CMOS HD? Yeah? And what quality "sharpness" could be garnered.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders