GL2 Frame stills...hawk eating prey!!! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old March 10th, 2003, 02:12 AM   #31
Regular Crew

The GL2 has become my secret weapon, I recently shot an audition reel for an "Andrew Sisters" act. I shot the whole thing in less than ten minutes with only one Tota light. The booking agency had never seen anything I'd shot. It was a last minute deal so they weren't expecting much. When the woman started to view the footage her mouth dropped open (I thought I was going to get fired on the spot!) When it was over she asked me what I shot it with (again, I thought it was axe time) I told her I shot it all on the GL2 and I don't think she believed me at first, she asked again if I shot it with a BetaCam. She said she has been reviewing audition tapes for 20+ years and she said it was some of the best image quality she had ever seen. It's also about 10lbs lighter than a BCam and about 1/2 the weight of an XL1(s) it has it shortcomings, but they are most definately outweighed by the image quality, the insane run times with bp945's and the ability to "just shoot" and end up with outstanding images.

Thanks Buddy for your fantastic footage and the insight on the Panasonic DVX100, everyone has been raving about it but all of your points are valid. I have not read anything negative about it until you mentioned you got rid of yours. Not a bad camera just not suited to your style of shooting. Thanks for the honest info.

Mark

p.s. I delivered the Andrew Sisters on SVHS
Old March 10th, 2003, 04:10 AM   #32
Old Boot

GL2 & XM2 Rules! Okay!

Mark! - Brilliant!

Any chance of seeing an itsy bitsy piece of the footage? Pretty PLease!!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2003, 08:47 AM   #33
Trustee

There's a link at the begining of this thread that shows the slides and there's a link there to the actual source video- but try this for the video......

http://stevenunez.com/GL2frames/gl2grabsvideo.html

Let me know how that works.
Old March 10th, 2003, 09:06 AM   #34
Old Boot

"Andrew Sisters" act. from Mark

Sorry Steve,

It was the "Andrew Sisters" act from Mark Austen - Apologies.
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders