GL2 has a stuck tape, what to do? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Major Player

GL2 has a stuck tape, what to do?

I got a call from one of my safari operators in South Africa tonight. I outfitted him with a complete GL2 rig earlier this year in an effort to begin building a video library for a promotional DVD I'm doing for him. He is getting an "Eject Tape" error message when powering up the camera. When he tries to eject the tape the transport sticks and will not eject the stuck tape.

I know this camera needs to be serviced but thought I would throw it out here and see if anyone had a fix I might try once I get there in mid-July. This camera has had less than three tapes run through it, it's new for heaven's sake!

Ever had this problem with a GL model and got the tape out without sending it to a service center? Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:27 PM   #2
Wrangler

There are several threads here in the GL forum dealing with that very issue. Some of the cameras are nearly new, like the one you referenced. I was thinking one of those threads had a workaround for this problem.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders