Xm2 Microphone shakes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old July 20th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Xm2 Microphone shakes

Hey people i got a question for everyone who owns a XM2. if you touch you microphone and try and move it does it bend a little(not wobbles) just bends if you try it left or right
Nathaniel McInnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel McInnes
Hey people i got a question for everyone who owns a XM2. if you touch you microphone and try and move it does it bend a little(not wobbles) just bends if you try it left or right
Now Nat! Stop it! If I've told you once . . I've told you a hundred times! Stop waggling it about!!!

But as you are asking. Mine is rock hard and firm as they come! Nothing wobbly about my mic. Oh no!!

But as you are asking, I think the symptom you are experiencing is the rubber padding/isolating rib you can just see taking up the slack. I have no idea just how the insides are with this camera, if it ain't dropped off yet .. Just leave it alone!

Oh yes, we did have some pics f the insides of various cameras? Some fine fellow might just do a search for the XM2 innards so we can rummage about within the entrails. Fancy a bit of rummaging - Nat?
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

ok thanks for your replie. its just i came back from filming one day and i noticed it.
Nathaniel McInnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 04:12 AM   #4
Wrangler

That is the rubber shock mount for the mic assembly.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders