GL2 Service Manual at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old July 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #1
New Boot

GL2 Service Manual

I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it on here, but I'm very interested in getting one for a GL2. I couldn't seem to find a downloadable one, and I was wondering about how much they go for, and where I can get them. I think only Canon has them? In Jersey and Cali I believe? But it seems like people somehow get them.
Will Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Pretty much impossible to get, and even then, what could you do with one if you had it. I've seen one for the old XL1, it's fascinating stuff, but no real practical value unless you're properly equipped for the video repair business. When they say "no user serviceable parts inside," they say it for a reason.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #3
Wrangler

With Chris' warnings in mind, if you really want to spring for the manuals, the cost was on the order of $55 for the GL1 or XL1 manual, give or take, and it could be ordered from Canon parts. However, last I knew (about 5 years ago) you had to sign a warranty waiver (if you do any work on the camcorder and mess up - too bad, no warranty) You also had to get a Canon manager who acted as gate keeper to approve yor request.

And unless you are a qualified camcorder/video technician or an EE who is into video gear at the hardware level, and have the appropriate test equipment, it will be just about about useless to you, except maybe allow you to get into trouble messing with the gear internals.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders