Observations on GL2 frame grab vs stills quality... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old March 9th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #16
Warden

The EOS 10D will be the ticket for Canon shooters. It will also mean the D-30's and D-60's will really come down in price. D-30's should be a great bargain for someone just starting out and wanting interchangeable lenses. The EOS 10D is on my short list of equipment also.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #17
Trustee

I've shot with a D30 for awhile- excellent image quality. I can't wait for the 10D

(would love a 1D but too pricey for my blood)
Old March 9th, 2003, 04:22 PM   #18
Obstreperous Rex

Can't beat the 10D price... about $1500. An excellent move by Canon.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2003, 05:17 PM   #19
Trustee

Pentax has already announced a new DSLR cam as well- Minolta has to jump in with their own model and Sigma has to drop the price of the SD9.......Nikon has the D100 which isn't better than the 10D.....Fuji's S2Pro is perhaps the best (along with the Kodak DCS series) in terms of image quality.......

choices choices choices...........

10D <-------------------

Let's not forget the new 4/3rd's standard that's about to hit the market......SLR's will never be the same afterwards!

(hmmmm, I wonder what Canon stock is like??)
Old March 9th, 2003, 05:51 PM   #20
Major Player

Big boys and their big toys! I'm into small. Finally, a Digital Elph with good resolution -- the S400!

I lugged around a Nikon F for 20 years and now my wife has an EOS. No more lugging for me!

I know what you're going to say -- if I don't want to lug, what am I doing with a GL2 and a huge Porta-Brace bag? The GL2 will spend most of its life on a tripod doing inside work, so little lugging involved. I'll tote a smaller cam when I'm off someplace.
Will Fastie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders