Heads Up Monitor Suggestion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 24th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Heads Up Monitor Suggestion

I've seen many posts and questions about a good solution for a heads up monitor for the GL2 and XL2... of which I own 8 and 2 respectively. I've had excellent success with the 6.5" PYRAMID LCD TFT which can be found on Ebay at around 65$/ea. It's intended as a head rest monitor. I've modified 12 of them. Simply remove the bezel, cut the DIN plug and solder the appropriate power and composite video connectors. Some cheaper units tend to artifact upon a pan or lack sufficient controls for the operator. This unit lacks neither. In my case, I've purchased a 1/4-20 to shoe mount adapter from B&H photo (bhphoto.com) and installed the units on camplex units for television production of sports.
Hank Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #2
Fred Retread

Thank you for this very useful post and info, Hank. It hits me at a good time.
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hank,

this would be a great piece to put together for the article section of DV info net. It sounds easy but I don't know if I understand what the bezel is and a picture or two of the soldiering job would be grand!!
I would like a few of these myself!!!

thanks again for a great piece of information.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders