Need some Help!with my Canon XM2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old January 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Tourist

Need some Help!with my Canon XM2

I have been making short videos of my birds of prey for sometime now and we enjoy them immensely.At Christmas I was using my camera Canon MV550i
and got the dreaded REMOVE CASSITTE message.I sent it away for repair and recevied it back today,while it was away I purchased a replacement a Canon MX2 (GL2)I am over the moon with this fantastic camera.I have two questions I would like to ask the forum
1..Is there any preventative measures I can take to avoid this problem happening again with both cameras
2..Can I use my MV550i as a tape deck for rewinding my tapes,and also transfering them to my computer.Will there be any loss in quality using the MV550i for this purpose. Many thanks Paul Keith Dickinson
Paul Keith Dickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Paul,

The cassette error thing in mho is related to forwarding and reversing the mechanism. Mine was flawless until I was running it back and forth several times, a mistake. I got it back and do not ever do that and have had no problems sense.

using the other camcorder as a player is the best idea and no problem. this has been advised many times over on this list.
Old January 21st, 2007, 01:29 AM   #3
Old Boot

Ditto Dale. PERIOD!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders