GL2+Wide Angle = Stretched picture? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old April 25th, 2007, 03:48 PM   #1
New Boot

GL2+Wide Angle = Stretched picture?

Hey all,

I have the WD-58 wide angle adaptor on my GL2. I shoot in frame mode in 16:9. But when I upload the footage the image seems stretched horizontally. Should I be shooting in 4:3 and just add the black bars in post? It may just be my eyes, is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Philip Thangsombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #2
Old Boot

Same setup here. WD58 video in the Canon 16x9 mode. No stretch here. Looks fine and dandy. Dunno? You gotta screen/still grab we can have a gander at?

g
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #3
Tourist

I've done tests with the wide angle converter shot in 16x9, captured with Pemiere pro as a widescreen project, and it looked great, it does have visible distortion towards the sides of the screen though, strait lines are bowed outward, but not stretched.
Allan Shook is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders