Beating a Dead Horse at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old May 6th, 2003, 09:20 PM   #1
Major Player

Beating a Dead Horse

Hey Everyone.

I know this is one topic that has been reviewed over and over again but forgive me! I must ask.

1st -

I am shooting a wedding on Sat., my brother-in-law to be (no stress right?), and have a wireless lapel mic that will go great with the MA-300. I need a shotgun for the extra surround sound incase the wireless fails.

I am going to buy the ME66 Combo.

I just want to make sure that it WILL WORK with the MA-300 and without any additional pre-amp support before I drop a large chunk of change down on a 1/2 done system.

2nd -

Anyone ever used the Verizoom Stealth LANC control? I am going to buy that too and want to know any thoughts...

Thanks for letting me get that out!

- Aaron
Aaron Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2003, 09:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes, the ME66/K6 work very well with the MA-300.
Old May 6th, 2003, 09:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Great. Anyone know the effective range in feet of the ME66/K6?
Aaron Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 04:06 AM   #4
Wrangler

Effective range? Depends on how loud the source sound is, how much other sound there is in the area that you do not want. Shotgun mics to not reach out so much as the reject sound from the sides and back. The "reach" is more a function of the gain in the system. Venues like churches can give a very echo filled sound if the mic is not fairly close (within a few feet) to the person speaking. Best bet is to try it inthe venue and see what placement works best.

Your sister/s wedding? You should be enjoying the event, not shoting it. Practice a lot before you do the actual shoot. And do NOT run out of tape or battery.
Don Palomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for the feed back!

I will most likly be shooting from the 1st or 2nd rows. The wedding will be held at the A major theme park's hotel in the garden so there is potental for a bunch of sound.

My set up will be a GL2 with MA-300, Audio Tech. Lav Mic w/ XLR connection, the ME66/k6 I will be buying today all stuck on a tripod. Should work I think...?

This is my grils brother who is getting married so I am not that concerded about watching. I have lots of batts. and tape.

They waited until a week ago to call the video guys I gave them a year ago! Now, instead of enjoying myself, I get to work... yay!

Oh well. It beats buying a present... = )

- AR
Aaron Rosen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders