I Wanna Wrap Around for my XM2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old May 20th, 2003, 01:03 AM   #1
Old Boot

I Wanna Wrap Around for my XM2?

Hi there!

Title says it all.

I don't want a Rainslick as such. But something like a "protector" like a minature Port-a-Brace material like thingy bag to make my XM2 feel snug while in use outside. Does this make sense? I've tried the KATA rainslicks and my hand produces a lot of heat AND the plasticky feel and its noise make it nasty to work with. AND it costs £90GBp - what for a plasic bag - yeah right!!!

This has to be a market for someone to exploit - SONY 2000 is about the same size - bit bigger.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:54 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I'm not sure I have an accurate image of what you have in mind, Grazie. Are you looking for an XM2 "teddy"?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:52 AM   #3
Old Boot

A "Teddy"! Now I don't know what you mean!

Here's the thing I tried here in UK. It's plasticky and quite hot creating condensation:

http://www.kata-bags.nl/english/index.html

Now if some company made a more "fabric" type of cover - similar to the picture of the KATA rainslcik for the PD150/VX200 - yeah?

That's what I mean - I just want to be assured I'm protecting the XM2 against blowing dust, lite rain and such like. I feel the cammy is a bit "naked" to the forces of nature.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 10:04 AM   #4
Major Player

Portabrace makes such a thingie as does a company called camkote. The camkote is a little cheaper but I found it somewhat tight on my GL1 (GL1 version). Actually, I think the GL1 version works fine with the GL2.

Will keep some dust out but works more for rain that dust.
Jeff Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #5
Old Boot

Oh yes, that's the type of thingy I'm looking for. All I need to do is find a supplier in the UK - so I can play with it!

Jeff thanks for your time,

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders