Thinking of purchasing Opturi XI need help!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old January 4th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #16
New Boot

Optura Xi

I would sure like to see some more footage shot with the Optura Xi. That's the camera that I am thinking of going with because the GL2 is out of my financial reach at the present. I anyone has any more links I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #17
Major Player

I would like to see more of it too. I've seen some in low light but it was quite disappointing. But maybe for a short film with proper lighting it will beat the GL2 if you want to make theater presentations.

Taking into account the Xi price tag it should be well worth the purchase.

I'm happy with my GL2 that I recently acquired mostly because I'm only interested in internet/DVD distribution, but it would be interesting to see more of the Xi.

Damn you Canon, why don't they release a combined camera? A native 16:9 GL2, I wish.
Old January 13th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Being that I'm such an advocate of the Optura Xi, I'm working on an idea for an "image quality" comparison webpage between the Xi and the GL2. Matter of fact, I'm gearing up for a short film that I'm shooting with the Optura Xi, so the image quality comparison will be from a professional production standpoint.

I'll keep you all posted once principle photography is over and I have a chance to review everything (yes, there will be plenty of low-light and high contrast scenes).
Old January 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM   #19
New Boot

Thanks Xander. Look forward to seeing it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog