Optura Xi, 30, and 40 retired! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old August 27th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #1
Wrangler

Optura Xi, 30, and 40 retired!

Looks like the Optura Xi, 30, and 40 have been retired.
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

So at last the Xi goes up on the shelf with the Pi. I'm gonna miss that big 3.5" screen...

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:31 PM   #3
Wrangler

Sheesh, I'm getting all weepy, maybe we should throw a going away party. Heh, heh.
Old August 28th, 2005, 01:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wisniewski
Wow, I'd noticed the 30 and 40 were missing for a while (no surprise there, since their replacements were up already), but I wasn't expecting the Xi to bite the dust without a replacement lined up.

Well, let's wait and see. I'm still thinking the Xi replacement is going to be a direct competitor to Sony's HC1.

Philip Williams
www.philipwilliams.com
Old August 28th, 2005, 11:34 PM   #5
Tourist

Optura Xi

The european name of Optura Xi was MVX3i. Now Optura 600 is called in Europe MVX4i.
If you look at the characteristics of this camcorder you find almost everything to prepare a HDV competitor to Sony's HC1.
Jean-Michel DEBONO
Old July 11th, 2007, 02:00 AM   #6
New Boot

optura 30 is magic

Optura 30's are hard to find, but they are worth the money. I'm a college student without much money, and that's why I made my first feature film using my handy Canon Optura 30. It works so well that I even had the characters in my movie using the same camcorder (I have two). If you're interested in seeing Optura 30 footage and screen grabs (most of which are unadjusted), then check out this page on my indie filmmaking web site. The image size is reduced from the original 873 pixels wide to 600 wide:

http://murrayfilms.net/page/primary/...matography.htm

For optura footage, check the Watch Movies page for the trailer for my movie, I Love Ashley Bailey, but keep in mind the trailer is compressed and that I've since learned to get even more out of the Optura 30. I highly, highly recommend this camcorder. Don't let anyone trick you into thinking you need to spend more than $500 to produce professional quality video.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog