Where, oh where are the Optura 60 and 600!? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon Optura Junior Watchdog
High-end affordable consumer 1-CCD camcorders. PAL users invited!

Old March 18th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Where, oh where are the Optura 60 and 600!?

The Optura 60 and Optura 600 are getting harder to find. B&H hasn't been selling either for quite a while. The Optura 60 is shown as "Not Available" at PriceGrabber. Are they already discontnued, being replaced, or are they just so popular that they are hard to find?
Old March 19th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

If they show as "Not Available" on Price Grabber, then they probably are discontinued, since at least some of the ripoff artist "dealers" will show cameras as being available, whether or not they actually have them in stock (if still being manufactured, and in some cases even when they aren't).
Old March 19th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

For what it's worth, Canon USA didn't have a single Optura on their camcorder counter at PMA this year (big photo trade show in Orlando last month). They had everything else though, including all four DVD camcorders.

Some folks tend to take that sort of absence as an indication that something new is about to happen to that line, but of course I wouldn't know the first thing about it. Yes they did ask me to help out at the Canon booth at PMA, but they put me over with the new LCOS projectors for the entire show.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old March 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #4
Major Player

Optura HDV!!! Ok, ok, totally unsubstantiated but how can they not release it? I know, I know, heading back to Area 51 now....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > Canon Optura Junior Watchdog