Shutter Speed with HV20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 4th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #1
New Boot

Shutter Speed with HV20

This is going to be a dumb question, as I'm staring right at the instructions in the manual but how do you alter the shutter speed for the HV20? I'm trying to do a slow motion shot of water spraying out of a shower head, but I can't seem to change the shutter speed.

The manual says that you hit the func. button, select "Shutter-Prio. AE", and then there should be a numeric value next to the recording button. I see no number, and I can't manage to do anything with the option other than using the directional pad to select Shutter-Prio.
Abhay Yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #2
New Boot

You have to go into TV mode..

I took a couple of photos for you to see.
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #3
New Boot

Was just about to post that I already am in tv mode until I turned on the Manual Focus (to mimic what was displayed in your pictures) and then the option popped up. Very stupid of me, but thanks very much the pictures helped!
Abhay Yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay Yadav View Post
The manual says that you hit the func. button, select "Shutter-Prio. AE", and then there should be a numeric value next to the recording button. I see no number, and I can't manage to do anything with the option other than using the directional pad to select Shutter-Prio.
You need to exit from the menu first...
And remember that you can't change the shutter speed once you have locked the exposure... so first change the shutter then lock...

--
Fra
Francesco Piemontese is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders