Intercutting with A1 or V1U footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Intercutting with A1 or V1U footage

Am shooting some initial scenes here in Portland OR of a feature for an investor presentation. My goal was to have either two Sony V1Us or two Canon A1s to shoot with. In reality, I have friends with one of each. What would we need to do to enable that footage to cut together? [am using FCS 2 for editing -- with a friend who's a professional colorist to help me at the very end.]

I myself have an HV20. If I need to use it at 24p with one of the other cameras sometime, which should I aim for: the 3 CMOS Sony or its 3 CCD Canon cousin? Likewise, what might we do to optimize matching the image?

Thanks for any guidance.
Gene Latimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Trustee

What format are you shooting in? 24p/f? 30p/f? 1080i?

What are you shooting in what kind of light?

How are you using the two cameras. Are they shooting separate scenes that will be edited together, are you shooting muli-camera, or are you just using whichever is available when you need it?

What role does the HV20 play in all of this?

Answers to these questions will help give suggestions.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

What format are you shooting in? 24p/f? 30p/f? 1080i?

24p

What are you shooting in what kind of light?

Daytime "ecstatic dance" in a ballroom with pretty good window lighting.
Water massage in a translucent geodesic dome.
An interchange between 2-4 people in a living room at night with relatively low-wattage lights.

How are you using the two cameras. Are they shooting separate scenes that will be edited together, are you shooting muli-camera, or are you just using whichever is available when you need it?

My post was prompted by the need for multi-camera scenes -- but your expanded question -- ie, whichever is available when needed -- could be true as well.

What role does the HV20 play in all of this?

The HV20 filling in for one of the 3-chip cameras.

Answers to these questions will help give suggestions.[/QUOTE]
Gene Latimer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders