Avoid Freeze frames when Capturing 24p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old September 26th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Avoid Freeze frames when Capturing 24p

Greetings from Colombia (South America!) You might all know this already but as Im constantly asking questions here, I thought I'd drop a little info I discovered today. A tip really.
When shooting 24p, if you record something and then go into play mode to check it out make sure that you stop the tape 6 seconds before the end of the final shot bofre going on to shoot more otherwise you get a nasty freeze frame that mucks up the capture process, in vegas anyway.
There you go. Have a good day. Ben
Ben Hillier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I just do END SEARCH and it works very well.
P.
Pedanes Bol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Stripe your tapes.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Khaye View Post
Stripe your tapes.
For a newbie, what does this mean?
Jim Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Hillier View Post
Greetings from Colombia (South America!) You might all know this already but as Im constantly asking questions here, I thought I'd drop a little info I discovered today. A tip really.
When shooting 24p, if you record something and then go into play mode to check it out make sure that you stop the tape 6 seconds before the end of the final shot bofre going on to shoot more otherwise you get a nasty freeze frame that mucks up the capture process, in vegas anyway.
There you go. Have a good day. Ben
Are you saying to just write over the last 6 seconds of your 24p video? I think I was innerspersing some 24p with other settings one time and I wound up with 3 tapes that after watching them one time, I was never able to play them again. They all would freeze right away. I could see the video if I fast forwarded though. I guess once you have this problem you can kiss the tapes goodbye as for as getting to capture anything from them.
John Hotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #6
Major Player

Stripe your tapes = put a new tape in, leave the lens cap on and hit record. Let it record to the whole tape. Rewind and use as normal.
Dennis Khaye is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders