DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Music Video shot with HV20+Letus35 FE! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-vixia-series-avchd-hdv-camcorders/107831-music-video-shot-hv20-letus35-fe.html)

Andy Olson November 13th, 2007 01:18 AM

Music Video shot with HV20+Letus35 FE!

Hey Guys,

I shot a music video with a Canon HV20 and Letus35 Flip Enhanced adapter. I posted it on YouTube for right now as I'm getting an HD version ready for the internet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nEaXA1EiPRw

If you got time check it out and let me know what you think.

I've looked at this site for a couple months now, but this is my first post so "Hello to everyone."

Laters,
Andy

Andrew Swihart November 13th, 2007 07:23 AM

Awesome! I continue to be amazed at the professional look that a 35mm adapter imparts on the footage.

So, is this Letus35 FE just $700? And the Brevis equivalent package is well over $1000? Seems like a better value to me. Although I've read the Letus loses more light.

Bruce Foreman November 13th, 2007 01:25 PM

Wow!

I'm not much of a music video fan...But this one really grabbed me and wouldn't let go until the end.

The constant flow of visuals with the variety they imparted to the whole thing was very well done.

I enjoyed watching this one very much and the vocalist literally poured herself into her performance. Your work portrayed this in a very strong way.

Joseph H. Moore November 13th, 2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

So, is this Letus35 FE just $700? And the Brevis equivalent package is well over $1000? Seems like a better value to me.
Not to diss the Letus, but I've used both and there are some very real advantages to the Brevis. Not only compared to the Letus, but also to the M2. Light loss, edge to edge sharpness, flexibility, and convenience of form factor all go to the Brevis.

Andrew Swihart November 13th, 2007 02:36 PM

Yeah it seems to be the consensus shiznit of 35mm adapters. The extra $380 (without the flip even) makes it over 50% more expensive though.

Joseph H. Moore November 13th, 2007 02:41 PM

All I can say is that after trying a bunch, I saved my hard earned scratch until I could afford the Brevis bundle (rods, support, etc.) It's the perfect match for the HV20, and as I upgrade cameras, the Brevis will be able to come along for years to come.

Andy Olson November 13th, 2007 02:43 PM

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Wow, Bruce, I'm really happy to hear that you like it that much.

Letus has a new generation of adapters out now that look pretty awesome and supposedly only lose .5 stop of light with a flipped image. The housing had been upgraded and looks pretty sweet now.

Brevis is about to release a flip module for their adapter and that looks very awesome as well. I'm actually about to get a Brevis as well.

I'm not too sure about the prices but you can take a look at www.adapterplace.com for Letus and www.cinevate.com for Brevis.

Laters,
Andy

Joseph H. Moore November 13th, 2007 02:48 PM

Haven't used the "LetusExtreme" but it looks very nice. Pricewise, it is actually more than the Brevis. (Though a Brevis with the flip module would be about the same.)

Losing only .5 stop of light while flipping the image sounds too good to be true, but Wow! if it is, and it is truly sharp edge to edge. Can't wait to see an independent review.

Btw, To get back on thread ... nice video!

Tomas Chinchilla November 18th, 2007 08:21 PM

Man, I can't wait to see the HD version, youtube is a very good way to get your stuff out there but it does mess with quality a lot.

Bob Hollifield November 20th, 2007 06:46 AM

Andy, I really enjoyed the video and the sound was very very good. Depth of field changes were nice also. May I ask how you recorded the audio and on what? tks..bob

Tomas Chinchilla November 20th, 2007 07:31 AM

Andy, do you have a better quality video you want to share? may be just a piece of the original.