Music Video shot with HV20+Letus35 FE! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old November 13th, 2007, 01:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Music Video shot with HV20+Letus35 FE!

Hey Guys,

I shot a music video with a Canon HV20 and Letus35 Flip Enhanced adapter. I posted it on YouTube for right now as I'm getting an HD version ready for the internet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nEaXA1EiPRw

If you got time check it out and let me know what you think.

I've looked at this site for a couple months now, but this is my first post so "Hello to everyone."

Laters,
Andy
Andy Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 07:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Awesome! I continue to be amazed at the professional look that a 35mm adapter imparts on the footage.

So, is this Letus35 FE just $700? And the Brevis equivalent package is well over $1000? Seems like a better value to me. Although I've read the Letus loses more light.
Andrew Swihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #3
Trustee

Wow!

I'm not much of a music video fan...But this one really grabbed me and wouldn't let go until the end.

The constant flow of visuals with the variety they imparted to the whole thing was very well done.

I enjoyed watching this one very much and the vocalist literally poured herself into her performance. Your work portrayed this in a very strong way.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
So, is this Letus35 FE just $700? And the Brevis equivalent package is well over $1000? Seems like a better value to me.
Not to diss the Letus, but I've used both and there are some very real advantages to the Brevis. Not only compared to the Letus, but also to the M2. Light loss, edge to edge sharpness, flexibility, and convenience of form factor all go to the Brevis.
Joseph H. Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah it seems to be the consensus shiznit of 35mm adapters. The extra $380 (without the flip even) makes it over 50% more expensive though.
Andrew Swihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #6
Major Player

All I can say is that after trying a bunch, I saved my hard earned scratch until I could afford the Brevis bundle (rods, support, etc.) It's the perfect match for the HV20, and as I upgrade cameras, the Brevis will be able to come along for years to come.
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Wow, Bruce, I'm really happy to hear that you like it that much.

Letus has a new generation of adapters out now that look pretty awesome and supposedly only lose .5 stop of light with a flipped image. The housing had been upgraded and looks pretty sweet now.

Brevis is about to release a flip module for their adapter and that looks very awesome as well. I'm actually about to get a Brevis as well.

I'm not too sure about the prices but you can take a look at www.adapterplace.com for Letus and www.cinevate.com for Brevis.

Laters,
Andy
Andy Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #8
Major Player

Haven't used the "LetusExtreme" but it looks very nice. Pricewise, it is actually more than the Brevis. (Though a Brevis with the flip module would be about the same.)

Losing only .5 stop of light while flipping the image sounds too good to be true, but Wow! if it is, and it is truly sharp edge to edge. Can't wait to see an independent review.

Btw, To get back on thread ... nice video!
Old November 18th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #9
Major Player

Man, I can't wait to see the HD version, youtube is a very good way to get your stuff out there but it does mess with quality a lot.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:46 AM   #10
New Boot

Andy, I really enjoyed the video and the sound was very very good. Depth of field changes were nice also. May I ask how you recorded the audio and on what? tks..bob
Bob Hollifield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 07:31 AM   #11
Major Player

Andy, do you have a better quality video you want to share? may be just a piece of the original.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders