Canon AVCHD 24p Pulldown Removal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old January 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #1
Major Player

Canon AVCHD 24p Pulldown Removal

Pulldown removal is always a pain in the butt (admit it). And until recently, removing pulldown from the AVCHD Canon cameras was more difficult and error-prone than for the HV20. So, last night I sat down until 4 AM and researched the matter and have found a free solution to the problem. *Testing is required*, I am mostly interested if A/V always stays in good sync and if MEncoder can handle really large files (my own test files were not huge): http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2008/0...ldown-removal/
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:20 AM   #2
Major Player

Thanks for the info.
Seun Osewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 01:03 AM   #3
New Boot

Except for one thing - I'm one of those who won't put up with 10 steps and generating a huge (HuffYUV) file in the process to do a simple thing. I shelled out for Procoder. To reduce disk space I'm happy to use high bitrate MPEG2 or H264 as my intermediate. I'm not shooting commercially.
Leopold Hamulczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 02:53 AM   #4
Major Player

You are free to do as you like. But not every enthusiast has the cash for such utilities. So for those people, there is a free solution, even if it's not the most convenient solution in the world.
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #5
Trustee

If you have FCS2 then compressor 2 does the removal fine.

http://web.mac.com/kakuito/KakugyoBl...imination.html
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders