capturing footage from hv-20 audio goes out of sync at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old March 12th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #1
Major Player

capturing footage from hv-20 audio goes out of sync

my setup is:intel mac pro: canon hv-20 connected to a convergent design mi box that is connected to my aja kona lhe via hd-sdi sent to crop.

when i capture footage and audio , the first 1 minute or two is great then the audio goes completely out of sync. what could be causing this?

torrey
1-225-315-6677
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #2
New Boot

I to have had the same problem with my HV20, but mine was the entire tape.
The way I solved the problem. I de-linked the audio from the video and selected the rolling tool in final cut express HD tools and advanced the audio gradually until it would lip sink. It turned to be 1 second off. I had to advance every clip 1 second.
I played the tape and sound sync was perfect, so it must be in the capture process
My computer is the Intel IMac OS10.4---

I'm glad you ask this question, wondering if others have experienced the same problem.

Bob J. Trimmer

Last edited by Bob Trimmer; March 12th, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
Bob Trimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:28 AM   #3
New Boot

I've had the same problem. Pentium 4, capturing through HDLink.
Don't know what the problem could be.

Regards
Raul Navarro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders