premier pro cs3 HD capture HV30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old April 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #1
Tourist

premier pro cs3 HD capture HV30

Hi,

I know there's been some talk about this before and I've read a few threads about it but I can't find a solution to my problem. I have a HV30 and Premiere Pro CS3. I bought a pci firewire card that came with no drivers (no cd at all, I also checked their useless website, there was no drivers.) It says the drivers should install automatically from windows once it detects a camcorder plugged-in.

So I tried capturing HD footage from my camcorder but windows and Premiere didnt seem to detect the cam. I tried with SD footage and it worked perfectly...

Also, there is no way (i can't find one) for me to start a HD project in Premiere Pro cs3 if it doesn't detect a camcorder with HD footage.

So thats my problem; can't capture HD footage because Premiere doesn't detect my HD cam therefore won't give my HD presets to start a project.

Thanks in advance for the most likely very simple solution to my very frustrating problem.
Remi Bertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:55 PM   #2
Tourist

The first thing to do, is check to see if the Firewire card is installed:

Check in Device Manager and look for

IEEE1394 Bus Host Controllers

If you do not see anything like that, then the card is not installed. I would open up the computer again, remove and reistall the card.
Scotty Luther is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders